The Broken Skies
I’m slowly working on this list, so give me a bit.
- Aecrian Confederation: The Confederation is a loose alliance of independant citystates that are tied together by the a trade alliance. Their mercenary military and fleet of Privateer vessels nonetheless make them a huge power in certain parts of the shards.
- Alteir Imperiate: Or perhaps its more accurate to call it the New Alteir Imperiate. It is a pallid shadow of the glory of the first Empire, but 50 years ago, a nigh unstoppable fleet appeared from nowhere and conquered a moderately sized portion of the Northern Shard-Continent. Since that time, they have been eerily quiet, but no one doubts their intentions are quite literally world domination
- Ajuran Union: The nation states of the Northern portion of the world, with the notable and important exception of the new Alteir Imperiate, effectively form under the hegemony of the Kingdom of Ajur. Each state within the Union is independant, however Ajur wields the vast majority of the military might. Its common to see Ajur’s flag raised along with that of whichever country is under its protection.
- Empire of Duras: The former power in East, with some still lingering hold on some former colonies in the Southeast.
- Council of Galehn: A buccolic nation, breadbasket of the southeast.
- Skellia: the Reavers of the Southeastern Sky. These cultist-pirates perform blood sacrifice to appease the demon Sherikul, the Shark-Toothed One.
- Trevast Protectorate: A western power making its way to the other side of the Ring, the Brotherhood of Trevast sees themselves as crusaders for Order and Peace. Though only a handful of citystates have turned their flags to the Sword and Shield, Trevast has nonetheless dedicated a reasonably sized fleet to the Southeastern Skies.
- Volant Alliance: A defense alliance of Avekh Aeries, based out of Averehl
- Wild Dragoons: Independant Wild Alteir tries.
- The Consortium of Xur: A dangerous undead magocracy that exists on the southern salt-shards.