The Broken Skies
The Mura are the youngest of all the races of the Shards, born originally of Levium miners in the shardbelt surrounding the rift. Powerful Hex Storms spawned from the Rift slowly changed the humans who inhabited the mine into smaller, monkey-like creatures better adapted to life onboard the mining vessels. Since that time, the Mura have traveled far and wide.
Mura females stand between 3 and 4 feet in height, with males being slightly taller on average, between 3 and 4’2". For their size, though, they are relatively burly, sporting tanned, leathery skin. Males and females both grow significantly more hair than do their human counterparts, but nothing quite simmian in nature.
WIthin Mura society, the Ship is everything, however unlike the Avekh and Kulach, the individual ships interact freely with one another, even going as far as to sometimes exchange crew-members.
While chain of command is a bit more infomal than a military vessel, it is no less absolute. If you risk the safety of the vessel and its crew, you will likely be keelhauled and then marooned on the nearest island.
Its rare to see a Mura appart from a ship for long, other than the old and the invalid.
The Mura generally get along well with other races, so long as they don’t feel looked down on or disrespected. Mura
Mura Racial Traits
- +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Str: While agile and wise, the Mura’s small size makes them weaker than most races
- Small size: Mura are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow speed: Mura can only move 20 feet per round
- Mura Immunities: Mura are immune to Hexium Poisoning
- Ship-born: The Mura typically spend most of their life on skyships. +2 on Sail and Use Rope checks.
- Prehensile feet: The Mura have feet designed close to a human hand. This grants them a +4 to all climb checks. They may also wield weapons with their feet, though at a -4 penalty in additrion to the normal off-hand penalties. In addition, they have two additional magical ring slots, and may choose to wear a second pair of gloves rather than wearing shoes. If they wear boots or shoes of any kind, they lose the bonuses presented in this skill.
- Shipborn Stability: +4 CMD to Bullrush and Trip attempts when standing on the ground or in the rigging of a ship.
- Fearless: +2 to resist fear effects.